Friday, December 30, 2011

That Important Yellow Card

This morning I went to the travel clinic to get my yellow fever immunization. The nurse was very kind, and had great things to say about the Messiah nurses she worked with in the past at Hershey Medical Center. The the doc came in for a quick consult and when he asked my about my trip, he said, "Oh! Are you going with Wanda? She's a doll!" He knows Wanda and her brother Phil (doctor at the Malaria Research Institute at Macha) and the Spurriers who have served many years at the mission in Zambia.

I was amazed at how small the world can seem and how much comfort I take in the connections that exist between the two worlds we're bridging in two days. So, I'm to say hello to Wanda from Sal at Holy Spirit, and I'm stapling my yellow card to my passport per the nurse's advice.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for you Susan. (I'll admit a little bit jealous, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well....Kate is leaving for Messiah in just a few minutes! What an exciting opportunity you all have before you! The Lisa's will be praying for each of you as you set out on this awesome adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete